Associate Data Engineer
Software Development | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Cross MediaWorks (CMW) is driving the advanced TV revolution. With more the 300 employees worldwide, CMW companies are leading the next generation of cross-platform solutions with turnkey addressable TV capabilities, data-driven media solutions, and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our incredible scale, CMW clients and partners can effectively target audiences with relevant messages, while simplifying advertising workflows across all screens. Cross MediaWorks companies include Cadent, one2one Media and TCA.
Cross MediaWorks is a member of the portfolio of companies managed by Lee Equity Partners.
Right now we are looking for an exceptional Associate Data Engineer to join our Software Development Team. The Associate Data Engineer is responsible for ingesting, processing and distributing the data used by Cadent’s data-driven business systems. The Associate Data Engineer will work with our Data Science, Business Intelligence and Software Development teams to produce these systems. The successful candidate for this position will have a strong aptitude for querying data sets from heterogeneous sources—both structured and unstructured. The successful Associate Data Engineer will also have experience with both distributed data systems, e.g., Hadoop and Spark, and traditional relational database systems. In addition, the successful candidate will have a demonstrable understanding of numerical programming.
Our ideal A-Player will:
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable data consumers.
- Collaborate with data scientists on data selection, preprocessing and formatting for analysis.
- Collaborate with software development teams to productize analytical tool prototypes.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc data analysis as needed.
Our ideal A-Player will have:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 2 years of development of efficient and robust ETL and data processing workflows
- 1 years of experience with Hadoop ecosystem and Spark programming
- 2 years of experience programming in
a functional programming language such as Scala
and/or an object-oriented programming language such as Java
- Experience with relational database management systems and SQL queries
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative numerical programming experience
- Good presentation and communication skills—visual and verbal
- Ability work with a heterogeneous team to achieve a common goal
- Experience working in both Unix/Linux and Windows environments is a plus
So if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!
/CADENT/ is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies.