Technical Client Success Manager (Remote)
Sales | Remote | Full Time
We are looking for a data-driven technical Client Success Manager to join our growing sales support team. This position will help lead portfolio retention and account growth with our Account Executives. We’re all about ownership here; you’ll facilitate the management of your clients by way of their campaigns though all points of the sale cycle, providing an end-to-end experience for BuySellAds’ marketing and agency partners.
Our Client Success Managers are the glue that holds our team together. They’re also our best client advocates to ensure campaign expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
If you’re passionate about digital advertising, love developing long-term consultative relationships with clients, an excellent problem solver and a quick study, keep reading :)
We are looking for candidates working alongside a US timezone, EST to PST.
Who are we?
BuySellAds helps connect great brands with hard to reach audiences. When Google Cloud wants to reach developers, we do the heavy lifting. We’re an adtech company empowering publishers and advertisers to connect more efficiently.
Don’t let the “adtech” part scare you away: our mission is to help publishers better monetize their sites so they can spend their time focusing on what they care about (their content!) rather than selling ads. We leverage our tech to improve the experience for both sides along the way.
Digg, CodingHorror.com, Pocket, and Dribbble are just some of the sites who we’re able to help make more money - connecting them with advertisers like Adobe, Microsoft, Google, Slack, and HelloSign, who are all able to expand their reach through us. We sell unique native ads that are often not accessible through programmatic exchanges, reaching a tech-savvy influencer audience.
We are a fully distributed/remote team, with 45+ people spread out across 30 cities in 6 countries. We connect weekly through a video stand up and talk constantly through Slack. We empower teammates to contribute meaningful results. We largely work around an EST schedule but are flexible.
- Build customer relationships, and act as the primary point of contact during post-sales cycle
- Collaborate with Sales team to understand client objectives and Ad Operations teams to ensure success of client campaigns
- Develop and grow rapport with client contacts, agencies to deliver regular performance results
- Make recommendations to maximize outcomes, including but not limited to new content and copy suggestions using technical tools and quantitative data
- Develop strong understanding of BuySellAds media products
- Take the wheel on the lifecycle of a campaign from a sales conversation to a live, successful campaign, focusing on upsell and renewal opportunities alongside sales representatives
- Keep a pulse on all live campaigns for proper serving, click through action, and conversion events, championing resolutions to issues
- Obtain creative/3rd party tags and assist in delivery or creation when needed
- Monitoring and report on campaigns status to key stakeholders – including external and internal campaign updates, recaps & useful insights, screen grabs, and video captures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of professional experience in the digital media industry with an understanding of the advertising ecosystem (including familiarity with performance and brand marketing, ad-tech, programmatic)
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate findings effectively through written and verbal methods
- Has a strong ability working with numbers: can parse through high volumes of data, organize relevant insights and metrics through Excel to deliver actionable information in a convincing manner
- Strong ability to analyze, track, and report on data for campaign effectiveness
- Obsessively checks emails and replies at an alarming rate
- Is organized, structured but is not fazed by an out of the box request
- Has the ability to wear multiple hats, work independently and embodies a self-starter attitude
- Is excited about working collaboratively across different teams
- Is comfortable working remotely with the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Can prioritize tasks with a proactive “can-do” attitude
- Has a client-focused mindset with a passion for using data and analytics to drive business results
- Has experience with 3rd party ad serving and reporting systems including DCM, Sizmek, Google Analytics, etc.
- Has experience with Google Ad Manager
Amazing. We'd love to talk. Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to join our team.
We do our best to make the hiring process fair and straightforward: we do an initial meet-and-greet Zoom screen, and follow with a team pairing to make sure our culture makes sense. We move quickly on decisions, and we aim to respond to every applicant and provide feedback where appropriate: even if we aren’t the right fit for each other, we want you to know rather than have to second-guess.