Director of Sales Strategy & Operations
Client Development | Remote in Chicago, IL | Full Time
We pride ourselves on having developed a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic culture. We encourage all our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. For more information on our company, visit our website at businesstalentgroup.com
Director of Sales Strategy & Operations
We are looking for a talented leader to set the direction for and build the Sales Strategy & Operations function at BTG, in a (very) fast-paced environment. As the Director of Sales Strategy & Operations, you will work as the right hand of the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), lead, and inspire a team to drive our strategy, increase our productivity and accelerate growth in our core geographies (North America, EMEA). While singularly focused on growth, you will be responsible for building a go-to-market platform that promotes experimentation and creativity, while providing a clear foundation to leverage best practices. You’ll need to manage and hire A+ talent, develop clear and actionable best practices and build out world-class tools and technology to support the team.
What you'll do:
· Partnering with CRO and VP Finance to create dashboards that bring clarity to rep, manager and company GTM performance and highlight the actions needed to create a GTM flywheel across enterprise selling, inside selling and web-based self-service product led growth.
· Develop and maintain audit procedures
· Collect input data from the sales team to create/streamline sales process and methodologies utilized by the sales team.
· Orchestrate and manage sales process infrastructure and keep processes up to date.
· Serve as the main contact for all executive sales reporting.
· Perform regular and ad hoc analysis of renewal base, sales pipeline, forecasted opportunities, close rates, etc.
· Install leading indicator metrics tied to sales-specific decision-making
· Designing and implementing a proactive operational cadence to ensure the health of the business (forecasting, pipeline, business reviews, etc.).
· Managing and scaling the sales tech stack, integrating tools and data flows, managing vendor relationships, and administering the applications; integrate tools and processes with marketing, finance and others.
· Lead steering team to prioritize and align resources with needs
· Lead and gate keep all enhancement and project requests
· Identify and work with power users across business channels
· Manage license community
· Maintain the accuracy and efficiency of the system
· Ensure integrity and smooth functioning of all integration routines
· Oversee all sales data management
· Interfacing with Marketing Operations and BDR function to maximize pipeline generation, and drive overall funnel efficiency.
· Implement and administer incentive programs that reward high performance, aligning key success inputs with overall business objectives
· Supervise a sales operations analyst(s)
A little more about you:
· You are comfortable in highly ambiguous environments, but hate ambiguity and seek to bring order from chaos wherever possible. However, you know your limits and prioritize where you can make the most impact
· You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions
· You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful
· You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
· You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment
· You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection
· You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others
· You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer
What you'll bring:
· You have 5-7 years of work experience, with a demonstrated track record of analyzing complex, unstructured strategic problems and executing on concrete recommendations. MBA or equivalent experience not required but highly valuable
· Past experience in scaling a rapidly growing business, with equal parts ‘general athlete’ and ‘been-there, done-that’ experiences
· Strong leader with the ability to build a high-performing team and a collaborative culture
· Ability to distill complex information into actionable results
· Ability to manage complex projects with urgency
· Hungry to win, resourceful, and thrives working in ambiguous, fast-paced environments that come with building a new business from the ground up
We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded. We value people who are bold, ambitious, collaborative and customer-centric. We’re a global community growing together. If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing B2B startups, then BTG is the company you are looking for! BTG offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across continents. We'll provide freedom and tools to allow you to thrive at your best, and foster an environment you can do it in.