VIDEO: Writing fellow, Business Insider
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Business Insider is hiring a video-writing fellow to work on our BI site videos.
Fellows on our BI site video team spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, pitching, and writing scripts for videos on topics including news, politics, retail, fast food, careers, and business. They have the opportunity to contribute to videos about things like Amazon, Washington politics, McDonald's, and billionaires. Video-writing fellows work closely with video editors. Video-editing experience is a plus, but is not a requirement for the role. We’re looking for ambitious reporters who can find and chase great stories and relay them to our audience in a compelling way.
All our video-writing fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are okay)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the BI site video team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- An interest in covering topics such as news, politics, retail, and business
- Script-writing or video production experience
- Ability to source footage and make relationships with content owners
- Thorough research and fact-checking capabilities
- Ability to take on timely stories and complete scripts on tight deadlines
This is a paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in June.
INSIDER is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our video-writing fellow for the BI site team.