VIDEO: supervising producer, Business Insider
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider, the world's most popular business news website, is looking for a creative, collaborative producer to help build a small but ambitious team of journalists. This person must have a strong mastery of interviewing, writing and ideating. Business journalism experience is essential, as is excitement at the prospect of inspiring and mentoring others.
The supervising producer will be part of a nimble group of producers, shooters and editors that can pivot from planning how to make a live panel of business leaders sing, to overseeing production of an episode of Business Insider Today. This person must have extensive experience in giving feedback on scripts and pitches, and be ready to delve deep into the worlds of finance, markets, entrepreneurship and other business coverage.
The ideal candidate is ready to roll up their sleeves, problem solve, and creatively attack any challenge put in front of them. Most importantly, the supervising producer will need to clearly communicate with producers, and support them through the reporting, production and scripting process.
- Executive producing live events, like town halls or thought leader panels.
- Managing a team of 3-5 producers, and potentially more in the future.
- Regularly coming up with segment and episode ideas, and helping producers execute on those ideas.
- Being creative about sourcing and producing visuals for seemingly non-visual topics.
- Regularly giving robust, constructive feedback to help producers elevate their reporting and storytelling.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- 8+ years producing video journalism, including experience in live television or streaming.
- Proven track record of compelling writing style, specifically for TV or video.
- Experience working under high journalistic standards, and a passion for deep original reporting.
- Enthusiasm for business news, with an eye for strong visuals.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why we should hire you as a supervising producer.
Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits. This is a full-time position based in our NYC office.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.