Internal Application: VIDEO: editing fellow
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Business Insider/INSIDER is hiring a paid editorial fellow to edit videos.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and leave ready for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Video-editing fellows spend their time editing videos across a range of subjects, including food, travel, design, art, beauty, science, and more.
Editing fellows work closely with editors and producers to create videos for a wide audience across the web and various social media platforms. Candidates should be familiar with our existing videos and eager to contribute work in our style.
Candidates for the video-editing fellowship should have:
- A passion for storytelling through video on the topics we cover
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Experience using audio and digital video equipment including Canon and Sony cameras
- Experience shooting great video on smartphones
- Ability to quickly execute scripts into videos that will be shared across platforms
- Previous experience on a production set
This is a paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in June.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
INSIDER is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our video-editing fellow. Applications are due March 1.