VIDEO: assignment editor, Business Insider Today
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
The most popular news show on Facebook, Business Insider Today, is looking for a an extremely organized journalist who is up to the challenge of helping a team grow, pursue ambitious storytelling, and succeed in a very competitive space.
The assignment editor will play an integral role in getting the episode of Business Insider Today out every day, and improving the quality and storytelling in scripts.
- Managing the assignment process and workload for a team of roughly two dozen producers and shooters, including supporting pre-production for both field shoots and studio segments.
- Working with senior producers and managers to plan regular coverage and special projects, including coming up with coverage ideas and giving constructive feedback on pitches.
- Taking charge of planning for anticipated future news events and pegs for segments and episodes.
- Mentoring producers and helping them grow as journalists and storytellers.
Candidates should have:
- At least 5 years experience working in journalism, part of that time as an assignment editor or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to smoothly coordinate people across different teams.
- Flexibility and organizational skills to work simultaneously on tight deadlines and longer term project.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you our assignment editor.
Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits. This is a full-time position based in our NYC office.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.