Editorial | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Business Insider is hiring a Tech Editor to work in our San Francisco office.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with the fast-moving tech industry, from the latest startups developing game-changing products to the personalities and conflicts that define today’s multi-billion tech behemoths. He or she knows the difference between AI and AR, loves to pore over 10Q reports looking for news nuggets and knows how to see through PR spin and to recognize the real story.
As a tech editor you will:
- Report and write in-depth feature stories about the world’s top tech businesses and the personalities behind the companies.
- Work closely with reporters, coaching them on strategies and techniques for building sources, breaking news, finding news in public documents, etc.
- Assign and edit wide range of short news pieces, longer features and other types of stories.
We will consider candidates at various experience levels. The best candidates have:
- Strong business news editing skills — everything from spot news and in-depth features to earnings reports.
- An appetite for news, and great judgement.
- A passion and familiarity with the tech industry, and a deep rolodex of industry sources.
- Fluency in corporate financial topics, public equity markets, mergers and acquisitions.
This opening is immediate and is based out of our San Francisco office (no remote work or relocation assistance). If you're the right person for this opportunity, apply here, and include a cover letter detailing why you think this is the role for you.
Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.