SVP of Sales Development and Studios
Sales Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider, the largest digital business news site, and publisher of Insider, now reaches an audience of more than 100 million readers each month. We are hiring a SVP of Sales Development and Studios in New York.
The SVP of Sales Development and Studios will oversee a team responsible for the creation and execution of all advertising and content marketing/branded content programs created and sold by Business Insider's national and international sales teams. The position is based in New York and reports into the Chief Revenue Officer.
Managing a growing team of more than 35 people, the SVP is responsible for mentoring, teaching, and developing the Sales Development and Studios teams, and the people who make up those teams. This role requires a deep understanding of the key strategic issues in digital media and publishing today. He/she will be expected to bring market knowledge of digital publishing, the new landscape, and what’s on the horizon in the arenas of ad products, branded content, and sales marketing.
The SVP of Sales Development and Studios is happiest when presenting to clients, engaging them in all that Business Insider and Insider offers – a growing and engaged audience from a publishing powerhouse that is known for its innovative ways to distribute content. The SVP will “lead from the front” and partner with sales people, content creators, designers, marketers, and product managers to create programs for advertisers using unique insights and audience of Business Insider. The ability to story tell, lead, develop managers, think innovatively, build consensus, work in a fluid environment, and – most importantly – deliver results will define success.
- Expand and enhance BI’s advertising value proposition in the marketplace
- Lead, manage, and develop team leaders that deliver best-in-class advertiser programs and marketing materials
- Oversee team of 35+ across:
- BI Studios
- Sales Development (sales planning, sales marketing, vertical experts, media planning, research)
- Advertising Solutions
- Maintain a dynamic and positive team morale; drive team performance through guidance and leadership
- Be client facing and active in the field; develop and present big ideas to senior-level marketers; partner with sales to drive revenue and help meet/exceed revenue targets
- Identify and develop new ways to engage with BI clients by delivering thought-leadership and strategic insights about marketing investment and ROI
- Understand the difference of served and non-served marketing components, drive opportunities for both, and lead teams to execute on both
- Strong understanding of the ad video marketplace and ways to drive ROI through video ads
- 5+ years’ experience leading large sales development and marketing teams of 30+ people within a digital, multi-platform content publisher, or content-marketing agency
- Proven track record in entrepreneurial, high-growth environments and demonstrated success scaling teams and businesses
- Proven track record of success building, leading, and retaining employees within high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience partnering with sales teams and being very client and industry facing. Proven track record of creating winning partnerships externally with brand marketers, agencies, and internally with sales, content and product teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with creative, business, and technical teams; solid communication skills with the ability to create and pitch compelling marketing materials, as well as branded content and video concepts
- Deep branded content, sales marketing, and video experience
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Bachelor Degree required, advanced degree a plus
If this is the right gig for you, please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the role. Thanks in advance!