Summer Marketing Intern
Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Internship
We’re hiring a Marketing Intern to join our Subscription Marketing team at Business Insider Intelligence.
The ideal Marketing Intern will have an interest in digital media, an excellent academic record, solid writing and analytical skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
Business Insider Intelligence is a fast-growing research service from Business Insider. We offer insights essential to companies making strategic decisions across the mobile, digital media, e-commerce, Internet of Things, payments, digital financial services, and transportation industries. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates that have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insights to keep atop of trends shaping the digital landscape.
What’s the job?
The Marketing Intern will enhance his/her knowledge of the digital landscape and grow his/her marketing skills. The intern will gain real world experience with writing and analysis, and will culminate in a project to develop and launch a new recurring marketing campaign, from concept through creative development to set-up and launch.
Interns will work closely with our Marketing and Operations teams on a variety of tasks, including Content Marketing, Email and Database Marketing, Social Media, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Daily and weekly projects will vary, but may include:
- SEO optimization via link-building and story planning
- Managing and executing publishing calendar of report “teaser” articles on Business Insider
- Email campaign planning, creation and distribution; list building and management
- Researching and assessing competitive landscape to inform new product positioning
- Participating in promotional planning and idea generation
- Spending time with different members of the team to discuss real-world Marketing trends
This is a great opportunity to get immersed in the leading edge of digital news and research, grow your writing, Excel, marketing automation, and communication skills, and learn about subscription marketing.
Ideal candidates will have:
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Creative thinking
- Analytic skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and fast-changing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office
Those studying Marketing, Communications or Business, who have a strong combination of analytic acumen and creative thinking, a strong interest in digital media and disruptive technologies are encouraged to apply.