Senior Research Analyst, E-Commerce
Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is hiring a Senior Research Analyst, E-Commerce, to join our growing BI Intelligence research team. It’s an opportunity to lead our E-Commerce research, really dig into your industry expertise, lead and mentor a team, and expand your industry presence at a rapidly expanding, international research company.
BI Intelligence is a rapidly-expanding, cutting-edge research service from Business Insider. BI Intelligence offers insights and tools essential to companies making strategic decisions across the mobile, digital media, e-commerce, Internet of Things, payments, and digital financial services industries. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates who have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insight to keep atop of trends shaping the digital and mobile landscape.
The ideal Senior Research Analyst will have a passion for research and digging into trends in digital and mobile commerce, as well as an interest in mentoring and leading a team.
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of analysts. They will set the research agenda for their team and support them in data and research-related tasks, including creating charts and associated written analysis and reaching out to industry professionals.
The Senior Research Analyst will have expertise in digital commerce and will produce insightful in-depth reports and data-driven analyses on the most impactful trends. They will be able to identify and extract what our clients need to know about emerging trends, disruptive technologies, and the digital landscape. Ideal candidates are excellent communicators and naturally curious.
If this role is for you, here are some of the other traits you possess:
- Ability to write clearly about data-driven trends, consumer and business-to-business markets, and the larger tech industry
- Ability to quickly sort through masses of information and understand what really matters to professionals, why it matters, and how to convey that understanding simply for our subscribers
- Diligence and persistence in researching
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and fast-changing environment
- Comfort and experience presenting, speaking at conferences or on panels, or the desire to further develop these skills
- 4-8 years of professional writing / research experience
For consideration for the Senior Research Analyst role a cover letter is a must. This is a writing and analysis role and in your cover letter you should demonstrate your ability to tell a compelling story about how your experiences and interests make you a good fit.