Senior Research Analyst - Digital Health
Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider Intelligence is hiring a Senior Research Analyst to lead and launch our new Digital Health vertical. The role is an opportunity to build a team and launch a subscription research product covering the intersection of technology and healthcare. Your research will influence the critical decisions top executives are making to transform their organizations for a digital future.
Successful candidates will have strong writing, analysis, management and data skills and 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
BI Intelligence provides leading edge research, data, and insight for strategic decision makers working in mobile, digital media, e-commerce, internet of things, transportation, digital health, payments, and fintech. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates who have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insight to keep atop of trends shaping the digital and mobile landscape.
What's the job?
The Senior Research Analyst will work closely with our Director of Research and BI Intelligence’s editorial team to produce reports and insights on emerging trends shaping the healthcare industry in addition to leading our growing digital health team and developing an engaging research agenda.
It’s a role where you are expected to have a view. The ideal applicant is curious, persistent, and plugged into healthcare technology trends, with the ability analyze large volumes of information, pull out what’s really important, and communicate it clearly and concisely in writing.
BI Intelligence isn’t your average work place. People who can handle rapid change and work well in an open, collaborative environment will thrive.
Desired skills and experience
If you’re someone who has a strong background distilling data, research, and technical topics into compelling writing and persuasive analysis, this is a great role for you.
Other skills required for the job:
• Strong knowledge of technology and how it’s being used to disrupt the healthcare industry
• Ability to quickly sort through masses of information, identify data-driven trends, and understand what really matters and why
• Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics
• Solid organization skills and versatility; an ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
• Ability and desire to lead, mentor, and manage a team
• Persistence in research
• Ability to develop and defend actionable insights and conclusions
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Proficiency in advanced statistical methods, writing syntax/queries, and/or programming languages is helpful, but not required
• 3-5 years of experience in a data-analysis-driven field (i.e. market research, lab environment, scientific research, etc.) is helpful. Science and social science majors — including in psychology, sociology, and political science — are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like a great job for you, please apply online and tell us a bit about why you're a good fit for the role.