Senior Product Manager, Editorial Experience & CMS
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
What we need
Insider Inc’s mission is to be most-loved and influential journalism brand in the world. Our journalists need a product partner that can arm them with the editorial tools to make that mission a reality. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own and lead our editorial tools at Insider Inc.
What you would do
Our Senior Product Manager will be the product lead for Story Creation at Insider Inc. You will partner with tech to lead the editorial tools engineering team, be Product Feature lead on all editorial projects and be a subject matter expert for editorial tools at the company.
- Partner with and advocate for our writers and creators in everything they do to create stories
- Work hand in hand with the newsroom to build and optimize their daily workflow
- Set the vision, long term product strategy, and product development of your product line
- Build and maintain product roadmaps, requirements, and user flows
- Define and analyze metrics to guide strategy and inform the success of story creation in our CMS
- Pick and prioritize work for your team, with your tech lead, whilst working with the team to achieve sprint goals
- Head up, strategize and deliver on projects around editorial tools and our CMS
- Gather requirements, strategy and specifications on entire editorial tools projects
- Maintain relationships with vendors, build new relationships, find new partnerships
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the organization and industry for edit and journalism innovation
Skills you will need
- 5+ years of product management experience in the digital arena with a focus on editorial tools and journalism products
- Crystal-clear communication skills
- Experience working in Agile environments with common tool-sets (JIRA, etc.)
- A "user-first" mentality to advocate for the best UX for our journalists and creators
- Love the Business Insider and INSIDER stories we create
- A entrepreneurial attitude
- News junkie status
- Be an all round good egg!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.