Sales Account Director, Digital Ad Sales
Sales | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Insider Inc. the largest digital business news site, and publisher of Tech insider and Insider, now reaches an audience of more than 100 million readers each month. Given our incredible growth, we are hiring a highly skilled Account Director for our Midwest Region that can be based in Chicago We need an experienced, client facing, enthusiastic digital media expert who is capable of creating custom, complex, content-driven digital programs for B2B and B2C clients. An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate abstract concepts and ideas into actionable marketing solutions is essential.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate prospective accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Business Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
· Establish and grow client relationships across all industry verticals (automotive, tech, finance, B2B, consumer electronics, luxury goods, CPG, etc.) throughout the Central region
· Achieve revenue goals on a quarterly basis
· Seek out and develop relationships with clients and agencies; develop an understanding of clients' business issues; sell through BI offerings that support clients' strategic and tactical needs
· Drive engagement with clients and deliver an exceptional customer service
· Communicate effectively in writing and over the phone
· Accurately manage and forecast sales pipeline
· Extensive digital media experience, including mobile, video, social, data targeting and programmatic.
· 6+ years of frontline digital sales experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to articulate a compelling story about a publisher
· Ability to thrive in an innovative environment
· Drive, determination, consistency, and passion
· Passion for the Business Insider brand and its products
· A history of successfully selling digital-fueled, cross-platform ideas to clients within a Creative or Public Relations environment preferred.
If you meet these qualifications, please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the position. Thanks in advance.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.