Editorial | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic, and experienced news reporter and royal-obsessive to join our INSIDER lifestyle team in London.
The right candidate should be keen to learn the inner workings of the palace and explore the complex relationships that exist within the royal family.
They should be able to quickly and confidently write accurate news stories as well as conduct interviews and compose more in-depth features.
This position would be perfect for someone who wants to write stories like these:
- The best photos from every single year of Prince Harry's remarkable life
- Everything the Queen eats and drinks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- There's a theory for why Prince William always holds George's hand in public while Kate looks after Charlotte — and experts on royals say it could be true
- Inside the private hospital that treats the royal family
- What the Queen's grandchildren call her in private
- Disappointing photos show what royal life is really like
This person will:
- Pitch, develop, and report on stories about the royal family
- Coordinate royals coverage across the desk, both in London and globally
- Develop relationships with key royal contacts and build a network of sources
- Cover breaking news as well as longer form features
- Cover events and attend press briefings
The best candidates will show the following:
- Strong writing samples as a news reporter, ideally on the lifestyle/royals beat, showing a mix of news and feature writing skills
- A self-starter attitude and strong organisational skills
- A love of INSIDER and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
A journalism background, Photoshop skills, a solid grasp of SEO, and experience with editing are a plus.
Apply here with a CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include a link to your LinkedIn profile and at least 5 writing samples.
This full-time position is immediate and is based out of our London office. INSIDER offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.