Business Insider Intelligence | London, United Kingdom | Internship
We’re hiring college/university graduates for summer research internships to join our team at Business Insider Intelligence.
The ideal Research Intern will have a deep interest in the tech industry, an excellent academic record, solid writing and analytical skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
BI Intelligence is a fast-growing research service from Business Insider. We offer insights essential to companies making strategic decisions across the mobile, digital media, e-commerce, Internet of Things, payments, and digital financial services industries. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates that have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insights to keep atop of trends shaping the digital landscape.
What’s the job?
The Research Intern will complete an 8-week program starting in July, which will enhance his/her knowledge of the digital landscape, grow his/her writing and analysis skills, and will culminate in a group project analyzing a top digital trend.
Interns will work closely with our analyst teams, including Apps and Platforms, Internet of Things, Digital Media, Payments, E-Commerce, and Fintech, and be assigned a mentor, who will guide their progress.
Daily and weekly projects will vary, but may include:
- Writing analytically on trends in the industry
- Working with and analyzing data, and creating charts and data visualizations
- Working on a group research project
- Spending time with your mentor to discuss the digital industry
- This is a great opportunity to get immersed in the fast-paced disruption happening across industries, grow your writing, Excel, graphics, and communication skills, and learn about the research industry. This is also an opportunity to potentially have your work published.
Ideal candidates will have:
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Diligence and persistence in researching
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and fast-changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- An interest in data-driven visual storytelling
- Experience using MS Excel/PowerPoint
Those studying social science — including psychology, economics, sociology, and politics — and those with a strong background distilling data, research, and technical topics into compelling writing and persuasive analysis are encouraged to apply. Internships in market/consumer research, consulting, tech research, or relevant experience in a similar position are helpful but not required.
If this is the right opportunity for you, please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the role.