Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Temporary
We’re hiring a Research Fellow to join the Business Insider Intelligence team for a 3 month Fellowship.
At Business Insider Intelligence, we’re passionate about making market research that industry leaders use to make strategic decisions. To accomplish that goal, we hire great writers with an unrelenting curiosity to uncover the deeper truths in industry news and craft them into compelling narratives on what the future will look like and what companies can do to get there first.
This fellowship is for someone who loves to write, who is passionate about technology and business and is looking to kick start their career in market research.
About Business Insider Intelligence
Business Insider Intelligence is Business Insider’s real-time, premium research service focused on digital transformation. We publish market data, trend analysis, and proprietary survey data for executives working in financial services, digital media, telecoms, healthcare, and technology.
About the fellowship program
This is a 3 month program where you will be contributing directly to our research content. You will be placed into one of our research divisions (Payments & Commerce, Telecommunication & Technology, Digital Media or Digital Health) and dive deep into the industry. At the end of the 3 months, you will have a strong understanding of the industry you’re covering and be equipped with the writing, analytical, and data skills necessary to have a successful career in market research.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to quickly sort through masses of data and pull out what really matters to professionals and why
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about data-driven trends, consumer and business-to-business markets, and the larger tech industry
- Diligence and persistence in researching
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and rapidly-changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Excel required
- Solid grounding in business analysis fundamentals
- Strong communication and writing skills
- An interest in data-driven visual storytelling
- Internships in market/consumer research, consulting, tech research, or relevant experience in a similar position is helpful but not required
If this is the right opportunity for you, please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the role.