Research Analyst - Transportation & Logistics
Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider Intelligence is hiring a Research Analyst to join our new Transportation & Logistics team. The role is an opportunity to become an expert in the rapidly changing transportation industry (think Uber, Elon Musk, drones, etc.) and produce research that influences the critical decisions top executives are making to transform their organizations for a digital future.
Successful candidates will have strong writing, analysis, and data skills to and 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
BI Intelligence provides leading edge research, data, and insight for strategic decision makers working in mobile, digital media, e-commerce, internet of things, transportation, payments, and fintech. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates who have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insight to keep atop of trends shaping the digital and mobile landscape.
What's the job?
This is a role where you are expected to have a view. The ideal applicant is curious, persistent, and plugged into tech trends, with the ability analyze large volumes of information, pull out what’s really important, and communicate it clearly and concisely in writing.
The Research Analyst will work with BI Intelligence’s editorial and analyst teams to write and produce original in-depth reports, data-driven analyses, and charts.
BI Intelligence isn’t your average work place. People who work well with rapid change in an open, collaborative environment will thrive.
Desired skills and experience
If you’re someone who has a strong background distilling data, research, and technical topics into compelling writing and persuasive analysis, this is a great role for you.
Other skills required for the job:
• Ability to quickly sort through masses of information, identify data-driven trends, and understand what really matters and why
• Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics
• Solid organization skills and versatility; an ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
• Ability to work effectively independently and with others; team player
• Persistence in research
• Ability to develop and defend actionable insights and conclusions
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Proficiency in advanced statistical methods, writing syntax/queries, and/or programming languages is helpful, but not required
• 2-4 years of experience in a data-analysis-driven field (i.e. market research, lab environment, scientific research, etc.) is helpful. Science and social science majors — including in psychology, sociology, and political science — are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like a great job for you, please apply online and tell us a bit about why you're a good fit for the role.