Product Manager, Advertising Technology
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc’s mission is to be the most-loved and influential journalism brand in the world. To support the newsroom and their goals we need to maximize and optimize the monetization of our stories. We are looking for a Product Manager for Advertising Technology to own and lead our digital advertising and ad-tech data strategy at Insider Inc for the Product team.
What you would do
You will partner with tech to lead the ads and data strategy, be product feature lead on all ad-tech projects and be a subject matter expert for programmatic advertising and ad-tech at the company.
- Work hand-in-hand with the ad ops, programmatic and analytics teams to maximize ad performance and yield
- Set the vision, long-term product strategy and product development of your product line
- Build and maintain product roadmaps, gather requirements and document user flows
- Define and analyze metrics to guide strategy and inform the success of programmatic advertising and our use of ad and audience data
- Pick and prioritize work for your team, with your tech lead, whilst working with the team to achieve sprint goals
- Head up, strategize and deliver on projects around ad-tech
- Maintain relationships with vendors, build new relationships and find new partnerships
- Proactively bring ideas to the table to discuss with relevant business side partners
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the organization and industry for programmatic advertising and audience data optimization
- 3+ years of product management experience in the digital arena with a focus on ads, ad-tech and audience data
- Crystal-clear communication skills
- Experience working in Agile environments with common tool-sets (JIRA, etc.)
- Advanced technical understanding of the ad-tech ecosystem
- Technically troubleshoot ad issues
- Experience with DMPs, CMPs, Ad Managers, and other programmatic advertising tools
- A "user-first" mentality to advocate for the best UX for our readers whilst maximizing revenue
- Love the Business Insider and INSIDER stories we create
- A entrepreneurial attitude
- Care deeply about the role of journalism in society
- Be an all round good egg!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.