Editorial | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We are hiring an ambitious fellow to join our politics desk in London.
If you want to launch a career as a political journalist and would like to join a team covering the latest developments in British and European politics then this could be the perfect job for you.
Our fellowships are paid and run for six months from the start date. As a fellow at Business Insider, you will get hands-on experience at one of the fastest-growing digital publications.
We want someone who has a keen eye for a story and is determined to do what it takes to get to the bottom of the biggest stories in Westminster and Brussels as Britain prepares for Brexit.
This position would be perfect for someone who wants to learn how to write stories like these:
- Liam Fox is plotting to scrap EU food standards to win a Brexit trade deal with Trump
- Exclusive: This Home Office leak reveals Theresa May could keep free movement in a no-deal Brexit
- The Islamophobia scandal in the Conservative party goes 'right up to the top'
- 'We're looking into the abyss': Conservative MPs are on the brink of bringing down Theresa May
As a fellow at Business Insider, you will:
- Pitch, develop, and report original stories about British and European politics
- Cover breaking news, attend political events and press conferences, and interview the key players in Westminster and Brussels
- Write concise analysis about the big political developments of the day
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background in journalism and experience working at a digital publication
- Great clips as a political writer
- Strong reporting and writing skills
- An appreciation for Business Insider and what we do well
- A desire to work as part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment
Apply here if interested. Please include your CV and a brief cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.
Please note that this fellowship requires that you work in our London office, near Aldgate East. Fellowships are paid and run for 6 months. Fellows are encouraged to work full-time (40 hours a week).