Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is looking for impressive and experienced backend PHP developers to join the fast-paced and exciting world of engineering at a digital news startup.
We're looking for strong PHP developers who have experience working with MVC systems and appreciate the agile methodology and continuous integration.
We don't let bureaucracy get in our way, we play-ping pong in the office every day, we're well-funded and growing like a weed, and there are many opportunities to work on cool projects abound. Traffic is huge and growing all the time and you can make an impact building things that millions of people will see and use. We face unique challenges every day due to the demands of our huge audience and the 24/7 news cycle.
This is seriously a great place to work.
The tech team also handles basic administration of our scalable server infrastructure, and we get exposure to cutting edge technology such as MongoDB. Our product team pushes the boundary on feature development, resulting in a varied and interesting assortment of tech challenges to solve.
Position requirements are as follows:
- Skilled back-end programmers who can write lean object-oriented PHP 5 code
- Experience with major PHP frameworks a plus
- Experience with major cloud providers a plus
- Broad understanding of web architecture and how it applies to scalability
- Enjoys building user-focused interfaces, using Ajax when appropriate
- Experience with systems administration of Linux servers a plus
- Experience with NoSQL document-based DB stores such as MongoDB a major plus
- Strong communication skills
- Based in New York — you will need to be able to work out of our office on Fifth Avenue in the Flatiron District.
- Three+ years of experience preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and good benefits.
Please submit a resume and cover letter that includes a short code sample.