Personal Finance Editorial Internship, Insider Picks
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Personal Finance InternshipInsider Inc. is looking for a talented Personal Finance Intern to join the growing Insider Picks affiliate commerce team.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products, services, and experiences available, and helping them make informed decisions about everything from what iPhone charging cable to buy to what credit card to use.
In this role, you will be working on Insider Picks’ personal finance team to master our custom CMS and help publish articles filed by our freelancer network, as well as help keep existing articles up-to-date and in-line with compliance requirements. You will have the opportunity to pitch and write stories as well.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in the world of credit card rewards and personal finance products, and wants to educate readers on how to get the best value from the products and services they use in their everyday lives.
Insider Inc. generates revenue when readers buy products or sign up for services through our site. You’ll be coming on board to help us build out the Insider Picks program, and along the way, be a part of a new field of service journalism. Insider Picks debuted in late 2014 to great success, selling millions of products across many categories. Insider Picks Personal Finance debuted in late 2017, and has rapidly expanded in response to positive reader feedback.
Our interns are an integral part of our team. We seek out self-starters and people who are enthusiastic about collaborating with reporters, producers, social media editors, and other team members.
This internship position is at our New York City headquarters. It will run for six months. Interns are encouraged to work a full-time schedule (40 hours a week).
- Assist the personal finance editors and reporters in their goal of making great recommendations that are useful for our readers
- Prepare and copy-edit text, photos, and links for articles and slideshows within the Insider Inc. CMS
- Ensure legal compliance with affiliate partner terms
- Produce your own articles including writing copy, selecting photos, writing headlines and captions, and packaging stories for publication
- Help with pitching, writing, and producing additional content as needed
- 0-2 years of experience in an online news environment preferred, but candidates with relevant internships will also be considered
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently, and flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
- Ability to solve technical, formatting, or any other problems encountered
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with content management systems, photo-editing software, and analytics tools is a plus
How to apply:
To apply for the Insider Picks Personal Finance Internship at Business Insider, please submit the following information:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Links to five published pieces if available
- A list of five pitches
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.