Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
We’re looking for an organized individual with administrative, front desk, and/or customer service experience who has a can-do attitude and no ego. Our ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver who likes to keep things organized and is always looking for the next way to help the team. In addition, applicants should be comfortable with Mac products, Google Apps, and light tech troubleshooting (printers, projectors, etc.) and should be comfortable lifting fifty pounds and moving office equipment, packages, and furniture.
Our operations team works hard to ensure that our NYC headquarters is a productive and fun place to work. To be successful in this job, our ideal candidate would keep the office fully stocked and organized, provide excellent customer service to our co-workers, be ready to go at 8:30am, help us set up for and plan events, and always be looking for the next way to lend a hand. Please include a short cover note with your application to tell us about yourself and let us know why you're excited to join our team.
- Ensure kitchens are fully stocked and tidy throughout the day
- Unpack food and supplies deliveries and distribute as necessary
- Keep conference rooms, meeting spaces, and other general areas organized and stocked
- Set up and rearrange furniture in our auditorium space for events
- Maintain mailroom and sign for mail/packages
- Notify operations team when food and supplies re-ordering is necessary
- Rotate front desk shifts with the operations team
- Recognize and escalate more difficult problems to manager
- Be able to troubleshoot/Google a problem and solve it quickly
- Work with the operations team to create an engaging company culture through various office activities/events
- Some combination of education and work/life experience that has led you to be a hard worker with good problem-solving and communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Morning person (hours 8:30am - 5:30pm)
- Knowledge of Mac products and Google Apps
- Detail-oriented, creative, and organized with excellent customer service skills
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.