Data | New York, NY | Full Time
Do you love using data to drive change? Do you like building intelligent systems to help people? Are you passionate about media and hungry to build the future of one of the world’s most important industries, at a leading company? If so, we want to hear from you.
Insider Inc. is looking for an analyst to drive engagement and growth across our sites. We want someone self-driven, insatiably curious, and focused on impact. We want someone who loves to dig into what makes people tick and build automated systems and feedback loops to help them. We want someone to build models of what content works, create recommendation engines, and build efficient processes that sync with human editors to drive huge impact. We’re looking for someone as excited as we are to create new, more effective ways to inform and inspire billions of people around the world.
- Build efficient, scaled systems and tools that help editors reach billions of people
- Run analyses to establish best practices and insights
- Communicate complex ideas in clear, accessible, visual ways to editorial teams
- Use statistics to run analyses, build models, and drive action
- Build strong feedback loops that drive success
- Prioritize and deliver the greatest impact with limited time
- Automate wherever possible
- Support teams across the newsroom, distribution team, video teams, and interface with product, engineering, and ad teams
- 2+ years of industry experience delivering insights from large datasets
- Strong visualization and communication skills, able to influence a fast-paced newsroom
- Passion for media and user engagement, with experience in media or consumer facing tech a plus
- Experience applying machine learning, predictive analytics, and classification techniques to real world problems
- Strong grasp of statistical techniques and significance
- Please include your resume and a sample of your work. This can be anything that you think shows your skills and strengths. Please do not include confidential information.
In a field where many media companies are struggling, Insider Inc. is breaking records and getting better every day. We’re the largest digital native news brand in the US, and we reach hundreds of millions of people outside of the US too. This is a great opportunity to build the future of media at a company that has rapidly grown to one of the largest in the world.