Military and defense editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is hiring a full time editor to run our military and defense team immediately.
This editor should be prepared to work with reporters on stories covering the US military, militaries abroad, and geopolitics as a whole.
This editor should feel comfortable editing a range of articles including breaking news, investigative features, and photo slideshows, and topics from the North Korean crisis to the US's footprint in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A strong sense of what makes a great story for Business Insider and tons of great ideas
- An ambitious vision of what direction he or she would like to take the section
- Background and interest in the US military, the defense industry, and national security
- An understanding of digital media, social media, and how readers consume news on the web
- At least two years of full-time editing experience
- At least a Bachelor's degree
- Journalism degree and/or relevant background
- Management experience preferred
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
APPLY HERE with your resume and a cover letter explaining why this is your dream job.
This is a full-time position based in our NYC headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.