Media Planning Strategist
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc. is a global media company focused on explaining the incredible, exploring possibility, and inspiring change in the world around us. Our publications - including Business Insider, INSIDER and Markets Insider - reach an audience of more than 300 million, deliver more than 2 billion video views, and drive millions of shares, likes, and social engagements every month. Our innovative events and content services teams deliver world-class storytelling to our audience in new ways. None of this would be possible without an incredible, passionate team. We come to work every day excited to change the face of digital publishing. Ready to join a growing company where your contributions can have a big impact?
We are hiring a Media Planning Strategist in our New York HQ.
The Media Planning Strategist will join a hard-working, high-achieving team, responsible for translating big ideas into actionable programs for our growing list of Direct & Programmatic global advertisers. The Media Planning Strategist will take our clients’ KPIs and create efficient, high-quality and winning proposals for our Direct & Programmatic clients. The Media Planning Strategist will use their in-depth product knowledge to create strategic media plans, with the goal of maximizing revenue (and profit) across all monetizable platforms (desktop, mobile, video, audio, events, social, email, etc). This individual will work collaboratively across our Direct Sales, Programmatic Sales & Account Management, Creative Development, Studios, Client Services, Ad Operations, Ad Solutions, Project Management and Revenue Analytics teams.
- Support day-to-day RFP/RFI requests, revision requests and general inquiries for Direct and Programmatic clients.
- Create media plans for Direct & Programmatic clients with the goal of maximizing revenue, factoring in client budget, target audience, KPIs, additional RFP requirements as well as internal business objectives.
- Participate in and lead brainstorms, collaborating with Sales, Marketing and other internal teams to develop the idea, ensuring proposal elements align with client budgets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop proposal strategy, recommend media placements and programs, and ensure client objectives & KPIs are addressed and exceeded.
- Forecast avails with inventory management system to determine appropriate impression volumes and strategic product mix for each proposal, consulting with the Revenue Operations Team, as necessary.
- Utilize data management platform to identify and create custom audience segments from a mix of 1st and 3rd party data sources.
- Collaborate with post-sales teams on campaign implementation, seeing through media plan development from start to finish.
- Advise cross-functional teams on proposal development and execution, using deep knowledge of product offerings, ad-serving and data capabilities to shape RFP strategy.
- Effective time management and adherence to deadlines, both internal and external
- Responsible for individual and team projects, including new product development initiatives, 1st party data packaging, international packaging opportunities, etc.
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of media experience (agency or publisher side a plus)
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; is a self-starter, collaborative and intrapreneurial.
- Strong time management skills, meticulous attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesforce DMP (Krux), AdBook, DFP, Google Analytics.
- Experience working with remote teams a plus.