Markets Insider editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Markets Insider is looking for a full-time editor to work out of our New York office.
We’re one of the fastest-growing markets sites in the US, and we’re looking for an editor who’s full of ideas and constantly looking for ways to improve and expand our coverage and grow the site. Our reporters are knowledgeable about the space, quick to write up breaking news, and constantly on the phone with analysts and Wall Street insiders. We’re looking for an editor who can pinpoint the day's most interesting and exciting markets stories and frame those stories in a compelling way.
The ideal candidate:
- Gets excited brainstorming ideas with writers for stories about spikes in the FAANG stocks, company’s earnings reports and calls, and economic signals the world should be paying attention to.
- Is confident fielding pitches, assigning stories, and meeting deadlines, especially in a multi-tasking environment.
- Understands the levers of the market and is able to connect the dots and provide big-picture context.
- Is adept at balancing the demands of both accuracy and speed.
- Is an innovator who will originate ideas for how to grow readership and build the brand.
- Looks for opportunities to collaborate with our colleagues in New York and around the world.
- Encourages reporters to make an impact with their reporting, whether that's finding new sources or experimenting with different storytelling formats.
- Is excited to cover real-time news on corporate America, Wall Street, and Washington D.C.
- Wants to build the world's best markets-news brand and thinks like a media entrepreneur.
Markets Insider is a global real-time markets data destination that has recently celebrated its second birthday. In addition to the stock market, we also cover bonds, commodities, crypto, currencies, and more. We want to provide our markets news readers with even deeper insight and data. We want you to enhance and build that experience!
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Markets Insider offers competitive compensation and benefits.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to be our new Markets Insider editor.