Manager, Licensing and Partner Development
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc.’s mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential and loved journalism brand in the world. Insider Inc.’s Business Development team oversees strategic partnerships including international content licensing, commerce, content syndication, and digital archive distribution (“DaD”) partnerships. This role sits within the international business division for editorial properties, Business Insider and INSIDER.
Insider Inc. seeks a Manager, Licensing and Partner Development accountable for supporting partnerships and licensing with a focus on generating revenue and reaching new audiences through Insider Inc.’s high-quality journalism. This team member will work on strategic optimization of our global network of sites as well as be at the forefront of Insider Inc.’s licensing and permissions business. This is a hybrid role that requires business development, business operations, licensing, and partnerships experience.
- Key responsibilities for this position include management of existing partnerships and identifying new business opportunities. This position may entail some travel, including attendance at relevant trade events.
- Grow and optimize Insider Inc.’s international licensing, permissions, syndication and digital archive distribution partnerships, product development and marketing.
- Research, evaluate, and pursue opportunities with publications and media organizations, both inbound and outbound.
- Help drive key audience, product, and commercial development projects for our international network of sites.
- Build partner relations via daily communication, performance tracking and support, onboarding, cross-departmental coordination, managing our partner resources website, and planning and executing global summits.
- Manage all operational aspects of permissions/rights-clearing and content licensing, including price negotiations, royalty tracking and billing, vendor management, and documentation to ensure all businesses run smoothly.
- Administer contracts in conjunction with the legal department.
- Assist with the coordination of all business financials, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting on concurrent partnerships supporting diverse business goals.
- Work closely with VP of International and Director of Partnerships on overall content licensing and partner management strategy.
- Spearhead and support other special projects as needed.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast start-up environment and be excited about growing Insider Inc.’s international network and brand.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Experience with content licensing process, including a demonstrated ability to negotiate/close deals and manage partner relationships.
- Self-starter; problem-solver; and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and web software such as GA360 and Data Studio, Google Apps Suite, and content management platforms a plus.
- Ability to stay up-to-date on industry developments, competition, and integrate learnings that help the business.
- An understanding of and passion for the journalism that underlies Insider Inc.’s service to our readers.
- Desire to experiment, quickly iterate, and get better every day.