Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is growing at a great pace with publishing platforms in many continents and the most popular business news site in America. In addition to Business Insider, we run INSIDER, http://thisisinsider.com, and BI Intelligence, a premium subscription service for industry professionals. With a global family of sites across Europe and Asia, we are quickly closing in on a billion page views per month.
We are a tight group that enjoys working hard and having fun. We offer great benefits and a company culture club. We play ping pong, have book clubs and game nights, and play in sports leagues. The role is located in New York City's Flatiron district. You will report directly to managers who understand technology and even write code. The front-end team has many opportunities for a motivated engineer to have a huge impact, and be recognized for it.
- Development of one page applications using Node, Angular, Bower, Grunt, Karma, etc. and ensure concepts are delivered accordingly.
- Work with vendor platforms and advertising networks.
- Build high performance applications on Business Insider sites across multiple regions.
- Work adaptively and responsively between desktop and mobile experiences.
- Evolve the user experience in the form of smart implementations for user interactions.
- Detail-oriented and have a passion for writing clean, well-documented code.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for innovative development trends and technologies.
- Experience using GIT or similar version control system.
- Built applications from the ground up with a keen eye on performance (mobile / desktop) and
- Community involvement and contributions to open source projects.
- A strong Github / web presence.
- Experience with PHP, MongoDB, Memcached, Symfony, Solr/Lucene, Doctrine.
If this role is a good fit with your background, please apply online. Thanks!