IT Infrastructure Administrator
IT | New York, NY | Full Time
IT Infrastructure Administrator
Are you passionate about growing an office IT Infrastructure? Do you have the skills, flexibility and tenacity to tackle and conquer any problem before you, big or small? Are you an excellent problem solver and communicator with the patience, interpersonal skills and drive to thrive in a team environment?
Business Insider is growing at a great pace with publishing platforms in many continents and the most popular business news site in America. Launched in 2007 by former top-ranked Wall Street analyst Henry Blodget and DoubleClick founders Dwight Merriman and Kevin Ryan, the site delivers high impact, breaking news to an international audience. In addition to Business Insider, we run INSIDER, http://thisisinsider.com, and BI Intelligence, a premium subscription service for industry professionals. With a global family of sites across Europe and Asia, we are quickly closing in on a billion page views per month. We offer a phenomenal work environment, fantastic benefits, a collaborative team that seeks fun and creative challenges with the chance to create a contribution on day one.
As our IT Infrastructure Admin, you'll work with the Director of Infrastructure and be tasked with building and supporting scalable, secure and resilient infrastructure for our offices worldwide. You will be an invaluable resource for everyone at Business Insider as you'll make sure the whole team has the tools they need to do unrivalled work.
Please apply right away and tell us why you're a good fit for the role.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Business Insiders infrastructure and applications
- Automate the installation of software, settings, patches and upgrades
- Research and resolve complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge
- Configure, optimize, maintain and support our technical infrastructure, including both hardware and software platforms
- Provide technical expertise in networking technology and hardware, including switches, routers and firewalls
- Analyze and identify trends in issue reporting and devise preventive solutions
- Mentor other personnel on problem analysis and resolution
- Build logging and visibility into all systems
- Support employees through problem-solving processes
- Review, improve and document IT processes and policies
- You know how to build and support a growing office infrastructure and educate hundreds of employees on how to use it
- You are familiar with desktop automation, SSO and directory system tools, concepts, and principles
- You are an effective communication in a dynamic environment
- You have strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and nontechnical users
- You have professional Mac and Linux Systems Operation experience in a production environment
- Experience with JAMF Pro, Okta, G Suite, LDAP and AWS a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Business Insider. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.