INSIDER PICKS: Personal Finance Editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is looking for a talented Editor to pitch, research, write, and edit comprehensive articles, guides, and explainers about products and services in the personal finance space. You'll be part of the growing Insider Picks affiliate commerce team.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products and services from around the web every day. Our readers are savvy professionals, and we want them to understand the best ways to spend their money, and that includes how they bank, how and where they invest, what credit cards they use, and the rewards they earn.
Business Insider generates revenue when readers buy products through our site. You’ll be coming on board to help us build out the Insider Picks program, and along the way, be a part of a new field of service journalism.
The ideal candidate for the role has outstanding writing and editing skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for personal finance and product journalism. They are authoritative and discerning when reviewing products and services and can describe the pros and cons of any subject matter with conviction, while keeping Business Insider's distinctive writing style and audience top of mind.
· Write and edit Insider Picks personal finance content, including, but not limited to: product reviews and comparisons, product slideshows, new product announcements and analyses, email newsletters, and social media copy.
· Maintain Business Insider’s writing style in all copy.
· Work with the Insider Picks senior editor and Insider Picks senior personal finance reporter as a creative contributor in editorial calendar brainstorming and planning.
· Excellent writing skills and at least one year of full-time editing experience within digital media.
· A strong interest in personal finance and product journalism.
· A strong understanding of Business Insider’s audience and writing style.
· A meticulous eye for editing grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Ability to juggle multiple assignments in a well-organized manner.
· Basic HTML and Photoshop experience as well as knowledge of social media are also useful. (More than basic is a plus.)
How to apply:
To apply for the Insider Picks editor position at Business Insider, please submit the following information:
· Your resume
· A cover letter
· Links to five published pieces
· A list of five pitches
Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.