INSIDER Picks Editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc. is looking for a talented editor to join INSIDER Picks, our growing affiliate commerce team.
The INSIDER Pick team is tasked with sifting through the millions of products people can buy online and highlighting the ones that add real value to our readers’ lives.
INSIDER Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products and deals on the web every day. This editor will work closely with the team’s reporters and interns, as well as our growing network of freelancers, to help their ideas and articles succeed, as well as write their own articles. They’ll also work closely with the team’s senior editor in editorial calendar brainstorming and planning, especially around big shopping holidays, like Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day.
The ideal candidate for the role has excellent writing and editing skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for product journalism and how people shop online. They are authoritative and discerning when reviewing products and can describe the pros and cons of any item with conviction and precision, while keeping Business Insider's distinctive writing style and audience top of mind.
- Write and edit INSIDER Picks content, including, but not limited to: product reviews, product slideshows and gift guides, email newsletters, and social media copy.
- Maintain INSIDER's writing style in all copy.
- Evaluate pitches and work with INSIDER Picks reporters, freelancers, interns to help their ideas and articles succeed.
- Work with the Insider Picks senior editor as a creative contributor in editorial calendar brainstorming and planning, especially around shopping holidays, like Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day.
- Excellent writing skills and at least one year of full-time editing experience within digital media.
- A strong interest in product journalism and how people shop online.
- A strong understanding of INSIDER's audience and writing style.
- A meticulous eye for editing grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments in a well-organized manner.
- Basic HTML and Photoshop experience as well as knowledge of social media are also useful. (More than basic is a plus.)
Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply online and include your resume, links to your social profiles, and tell us about two products you think would be great for Business Insider’s readers.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.