INSIDER lifestyle editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
INSIDER is hiring a full-time editor to focus on general lifestyle content, including entertainment, celebrities, health, relationships, beauty, style, travel, design, and food.
This person is an excellent storyteller and sharp editor who is full of great ideas. We are looking for fresh angles and brilliant ideas on everything celebrity — from Selena Gomez's hot new hairstyle and Emma Watson's fashion evolution to Khloe Kardashian's diet and big roundups like celebrities you never knew were best friends. This person should also have a strong interest in beauty, style, relationships, and wellness, with a focus on women's health. You may also touch on travel, food and design.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- At least two years of full-time editing experience
- A strong sense of what makes a great story and tons of great ideas
- Interest in general lifestyle content, including entertainment/celebrity, health, relationships, beauty, style, travel, food, and design
- An understanding of digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least a Bachelor's degree
- Journalism degree and/or background
- Management experience preferred
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
Does this sound like you? Apply HERE with a resume and cover letter explaining specifically why you should be perfect for this job.
This is a full-time position based in our NYC headquarters.
At INSIDER, our motto is "Life is an adventure." We tell stories for, about, and by people who seize life. That means they love to travel, try new foods, listen to new music, and fight for what’s right — and they admire people who do the same. INSIDER is distributed across social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube , as well as on the web.