INSIDER associate editor, lifestyle
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
INSIDER is hiring an associate editor to work with our lifestyle team.
The majority of your time (around 70%) would be spent writing, while the rest of your time would be spent supporting the lifestyle editor by editing the work of the lifestyle team. You would also manage and train at least one writing fellow, with the guidance of the lifestyle editor.
The perfect candidate is a generalist with a passion for everything lifestyle, and a strong ideator who can come up with great pitches not only for themselves but for others on the team.
The ideal candidate also has:
- Strong story judgment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience editing stories for spelling and grammar, structure, flow, style, and factual accuracy at a fast pace
- 1-3 years of editorial experience
- Familiarity coming up with engaging story ideas, and finding and using eye-catching photos
- Copy-editing and Photoshop experience is a plus, though not required
The position is full-time in our New York City headquarters. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
INSIDER is great journalism about what passionate people actually want to know. That’s everything from news to food, celebrity to science, politics to sports and all the rest. It’s smart. It’s fearless. It’s fun. We push the boundaries of digital storytelling. Our mission is to inform and inspire.
APPLY HERE with your resume and cover letter, and tell us why this would be your dream job.