Guides Editor - Insider Picks
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is more than just the go-to news source for today's business leaders. It is also is a global media company focused on explaining the incredible, exploring possibility, and inspiring change in the world around us. Our publications - including Business Insider, INSIDER and Markets Insider - reach an audience of more than 300 million, deliver more than 2 billion video views, and drive millions of shares, likes, and social engagements every month. Our innovative events and content services teams deliver world-class storytelling to our audience in new ways.
None of this would be possible without an incredible, passionate team. They come to work every day excited to change the face of digital publishing. Ready to join a growing company where your contributions can have a big impact? Keep reading!
We're hiring a Guides Editor to join our fast-growing e-commerce team. You're someone who brings a passion for finding the best products across a wide range of categories from electronics to home and more, with the ability share your excitement with readers in clear, compelling copy.
Insider Picks prides itself on scouring the web to find the products that are actually worth our readers’ time and money. As more and more people shop online, it’s our job to sift through the thousands of products out there to highlight the few that will add value to our readers’ lives.
The Guides Editor will take on a new arm of Insider Picks that focuses on building and updating thoughtful and thorough buying guides. This person will also help us order and classify product categories to build a comprehensive site optimized for product research and discovery.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for finding the best versions of products in every category. You are confident and careful when reviewing products and can describe the pros and cons of any item with conviction, while incorporating Business Insider's voice, style, and audience in mind.
This is a great role for someone with product journalism experience and is excited to build an exciting new coverage area for Business Insider.
- Writing and sourcing via freelance thoroughly researched buying guide style stories and making product recommendations to our audience
- Using analysis and reader feedback to improve existing articles and generate new ideas
- Executing a buying guide strategy from concept to completion and maintaining those guides
- Sifting through relevant products to find items that resonate with our audience
- Promoting the guides across the web, through various digital optimization efforts
- Maintaining and updating guides as new products are released to ensure accuracy over time
- Tracking the guides in affiliate analytics
If you bring both writing and editing experience, and know how to find the best deals and products around the web, this is a great job for you. Additional requirements:
- At least 2 years of editing experience, and recent experience hiring qualified freelancers
- A basic understanding Business Insider’s audience and writing style, and a willingness to learn our style
- A huge interest in shopping for great products and good deals
- Flawless grammar, spelling, and usage
- Basic level understanding of Photoshop and HTML (more than basic is a plus)
Please apply online and include a resume, links to your social profiles, and tell us about 2 products that you think would be great for Business Insider’s readers. Thanks in advance.