Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
What does an Engineer’s role at Insider look like exactly? From the latin root of the word ‘Engine’ the word Engineer derives from the word ingenuity, meaning to show brilliance in creation. Engineers put the parts of a functioning tool or device together to solve important problems. Here at Insider Inc. we solve our unique problems well. We combine our ingenuity with our desire to delight our readers. We build our products from the ground up. We are a talented and collaborative group. We are ardent coders and tinkerers of technology. Here is just some of what our Team of Front End Engineers have done over the past year:
- We started a blog!
- We moved to a new office!
- We rebuilt and released our Home Page Editor.
- We redesigned and rebuilt core components of the site.
- We re-branded and re-platformed our post pages to a leaner and cleaner code base. These pages deliver nearly one billion page views a month.
- During our hack week we prototyped an interview transcription service, and an inline post editing tool.
There is so much more we want to do and we need your help! Here’s who YOU are:
- You are a strong problem solver, with thorough knowledge of HTML5.
- You have worked extensively with CSS Preprocessors such as LESS or SASS.
- You value test driven development and can implement unit- and functional- tests.
- You have applied experience and understanding of OOP designs pattern.
- You are excited about CSS3 features such as multi-columns, flexible box and transitions.
You are a great fit culturally if:
- You value mentoring junior developers, and building a collaborative culture.
- You're a self-starter, and love taking initiative to fix issues before being assigned them.
- You enjoy raising code quality by suggesting best practices and identifying problems during code reviews.
- You're excited to grow your team's visibility in the tech community through blogging, tech talks, writing docs, and open-source projects.
Apply and tell us a bit about yourself!