Internal Application: Editorial fellow, partnerships
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Insider Inc. is hiring a paid editorial fellow to write about lifestyle as part of our editorial partnerships.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Fellows on our partnerships team should be clear writers who are obsessed with all things related to lifestyle, including food, travel, celebrities, entertainment, health, retail, real estate, and more. The ideal candidate is a strong and versatile writer who will specialize in general interest slideshows and visual features. Expect to write about everything from celebrity real estate to optical illusions that stumped the internet to the oldest hotel in every state. Writers are also encouraged to try new things like eating like a celebrity or tasting different types of wine, as well as to keep an eye on what’s trending and write timely stories.
Fellows spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and producing features — even breaking news if the timing is right.
All our editorial fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are great)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Light HTML and/or Photoshop experience
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the partnerships/distribution team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- An interest and openness in covering a range of topics: celebrities and entertainment; optical illusions, brain teasers and Photoshop scandals; health and fitness; food; travel; relationships and general wellness; history, news, and more
- An ability to be creative and package stories in exciting ways
- A finger on what’s trending and what people are interested right now
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Sound news judgment
This is an hourly paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in March or June.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our editorial partnerships fellow. Please include links to relevant clips if you have them. Application deadline is March 1.