Internal Application: Distribution fellow, partnerships
Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
Insider Inc. is hiring a paid distribution fellow to assist the content distribution team with managing our editorial partnerships.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Distribution fellows read and review stories across Business Insider and INSIDER to put together appropriate pitches for partner sites. They become experts across sites and verticals, developing a sense for which of our stories will get picked up by partners and why. They are also masters at framing stories and headlines, and have a good eye for viral news, trending stories, and what’s missing on the site that we should be writing.
All our fellows should have:
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the distribution team, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Familiarity with the Business Insider and INSIDER brands and their content
- An interest in news and politics
- A sense for how to turn news or trending topics into evergreen stories, and when to update existing stories with new developments
- Experience packaging stories for publication: writing headlines, picking images, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to track a high volume of spreadsheets, data, and contacts
- Creativity and the ability to brainstorm great story ideas across verticals
This is an hourly paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be in March.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our social media fellow. Application is due by March 1.