Director of Sales & Marketing Research
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is more than just the go-to news source for today's business leaders. It is also a global media company focused on explaining the incredible, exploring possibility, and inspiring change in the world around us. Our publications - including Business Insider, INSIDER and Markets Insider - reach an audience of more than 300 million, deliver more than 2 billion video views, and drive millions of shares, likes, and social engagements every month. Our innovative events and content services teams deliver world-class storytelling to our audience in new ways.
We are seeking a Director of Research to help lead our primary research efforts into our audience as well market customers in order to better articulate Business Insider’s unique position in the content space. If you have a background in market research at a digital media company, a knack for thinking outside of the box, and get excited by the idea of building something new and owning it, then this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
Business Insider’s Research Team delivers insights from primary research, syndicated data sources and campaign data that help clearly and persuasively articulate the company's unique value proposition to clients, employees and other key audiences.
- Work closely with Revenue team & Marketing leadership to build and execute an annual research plan
- Design, field, manage and analyze third party proprietary research into Business Insider’s audience for use by Sales & Marketing
- Maintain and grow BI’s proprietary “INSIDERS” reader panel and conducts ongoing research around key categories & audience segments for internal constituents
- Potential to run customer-focused research studies as necessary
- Conduct primary research into customer perception of Business Insider to inform Sales & Marketing strategy
- Package syndicated audience research and competitive intelligence into regular market overviews for team highlighting key segments
- Support Sales Development in construction of large scale proactive and reactive sales proposals
- Execute ad effectiveness studies for large budget programs
- Manage Research Strategist’s time and workload
- Monitor third party research in market and flag important studies that are complementary to our research plans
- Select, negotiate contracts and manage projects with data/research partners
- 7+ years media research and analysis experience
- Experience designing & conducting primary research studies
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and report on media research tools and trends in support of corporate sales & revenue goals
- Strong understanding of the digital media landscape and experience with media research & analysis, including familiarity with common research data sources such as comScore, Nielsen, Global Web Index, Crowd Tangle etc.
- Familiarity with custom research platforms including Qualtrics and data management platforms such as Krux and Blueconic
- Strategic thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint