Director of Revenue Analytics and Yield
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider, Inc: publisher of Business Insider, the largest digital business news site, Tech insider, and Insider is looking for a Director of Revenue Analytics and Yield to lead our Revenue Analytics team
The Director of Revenue Analytics and Yield is the central hub of information sharing throughout the Global Revenue team, and works cross functionally with several teams throughout the greater business organization. This role uses their analytical abilities to make decisions and give insights based on data, which will inform end users on the health of their business unit. This individual will also have a pivotal role in maintaining our product set and pricing guidelines on both the Direct and Programmatic business units, using historical data to speak to trends.
The successful candidate has worked in an analytical function at a Digital Publisher and has experience with Yield Analytics, Forecasting, Revenue Reporting, and Territory Analysis. Previous experience with a Business Intelligence tool is also a plus. The candidate must also be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to deliver helpful data solutions using the tools we have. The candidate should also bring a fresh approach to how we manage our Revenue data outputs, and come with new suggestions on how we can improve workflow.
- Creating and maintaining daily revenue snapshots for both direct and programmatic revenue streams
- Maintaining a Corporate Health Dashboard, and giving insights on how we can improve business process and workflow through data
- Generate regular dashboard reports and providing insight on Programmatic spend, SSP mix, and Advertisers
- Maintaining a Pipeline report showing forecasted revenue at a Corporate Level, and broken down by each region and Sales Rep
- Create and maintain dashboards that show conversion rates by Advertiser, Region, Sales Rep, and Territory
- Creating a Territory Analysis process for setting Sales Goals based on historical data and future potential
- Evaluating Yield on both the Direct and Programmatic side using historical reports, product analysis, and eCPM reporting
- Update and maintain benchmark reporting on current product set
- Serve as the main point of contact and expert on our data visualization system (Domo) to ensure that the team is able to get necessary real time insights
- Serve as the data liaison between Operations and Product on how changes to the site (Ad density, placement, sizes, etc) affect our revenue potential
- Analyze ad hoc data sets to find new key insights for revenue team to use
- 5+ years in a digital media, preferably on the Analytics Side
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in DFP, and other third party adservers
- Working knowledge of major SSPs (AdX, Rubicon, Index Exchange, etc)
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, R or similar data languages
- Strong Business acumen with the ability to solve complex issues through data
- Working knowledge of a business intelligence tool (STAQ, Tableau, DOMO, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
If you meet these qualifications, please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the position. Thanks in advance.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.