Director of Business Development, Video
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider (Insider, Inc.) is hiring a Director of Business Development to help drive the growth and evolution of one of the largest and fastest-growing digital media companies.
The primary responsibility of the position will be to evaluate, define, recommend, and close new revenue/traffic generating partnerships with a focus on video syndication and licensing. We're looking for someone who will find new opportunities through extensive analysis, research, and networking and who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. As a key member of the business development team, the Director, Business Development will be influencing the future of Business Insider (Insider, Inc.), working directly with executives and leaders to find business deals that drive growth and innovation. The position will work closely with and report to the SVP, Business Development.
The ideal candidate has a keen interest in news, an understanding of digital products and technologies, and the ability to effectively communicate findings. A proactive entrepreneurial mindset is an asset in our fluid, fast-growing company.
· Identify, source, structure, negotiate, and close new video syndication/licensing deals and other revenue generating partnerships for Business Insider's portfolio of brands - Business Insider, Business Insider UK, and INSIDER
· Develop strong relationships with the key players across the online and linear video ecosystem
· Assess and recommend opportunities to ensure alignment with Business Insider's brand, strategy, and audience
· Work with editorial team to package and pitch short and long form video programming
· Develop financial models to estimate the potential value of opportunities and the cost of resources required to execute and implement partnerships
· Optimize partnerships for revenue, traffic, and consistency across the Business Insider voice and brand
· Work closely with a variety of teams in the company through all aspects of opportunity development, including idea generation, sourcing partner targets, the business case, product/technology requirements, financial modeling, and integration
· Consistently beat revenue targets
· 5 - 8 years of work experience, with at least 5 years of business development in the digital media space or comparable deal experience in film/television
· Comprehensive understanding of digital business models; comfort drafting and reviewing contracts
· Detail-oriented and possessing superior research, organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.