Digital Media Planning Strategist
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
We are hiring a Media Planning Strategist in our New York HQ.The Media Planning Strategist will join a hard-working, high-achieving team, responsible for translating big ideas into actionable programs for our growing list of Direct & Programmatic global advertisers. The Media Planning Strategist will take our clients’ KPIs and create efficient, high-quality and winning proposals for our Direct & Programmatic clients. The Media Planning Strategist will use their in-depth product knowledge to create strategic media plans, with the goal of maximizing revenue (and profit) across all monetizable platforms (desktop, mobile, video, audio, events, social, email, etc). This individual will work collaboratively across our Direct Sales, Programmatic Sales & Account Management, Creative Development, Studios, Client Services, Ad Operations, Ad Solutions, Project Management and Revenue Analytics teams.
- Support day-to-day RFP/RFI requests, revision requests and general inquiries for Direct and Programmatic clients.
- Create media plans for Direct & Programmatic clients with the goal of maximizing revenue, factoring in client budget, target audience, KPIs, additional RFP requirements as well as internal business objectives.
- Attend brainstorms, liaising with other internal teams to price out ideas and proposal elements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop proposal strategy, recommend media placements and programs, and ensure client objectives & KPIs are addressed and exceeded.
- Forecast avails with inventory management system to determine appropriate impression volumes and strategic product mix for each proposal, consulting with the Revenue Operations Team, as necessary.
- Utilize data management platform to identify and create custom audience segments from a mix of 1st and 3rd party data sources.
- Collaborate with post-sales teams on campaign implementation, seeing through media plan development from start to finish.
- Advise cross-functional teams on proposal development and execution, using deep knowledge of product offerings, ad-serving and data capabilities to .
- Effective time management and adherence to deadlines, both internal and external
- Responsible for individual and team projects.
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of media experience (agency or publisher side a plus)
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; is a self-starter, collaborative and intrapreneurial.
- Strong time management skills, meticulous attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesforce DMP (Krux), AdBook, DFP, Google Analytics.
- Experience working with remote teams a plus.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.