Digital Media Planner - New York
Sales Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is more than just the go-to news source for today's business leaders. It is also a global media company focused on explaining the incredible, exploring possibility, and inspiring change in the world around us. Our publications - including Business Insider, INSIDER and Markets Insider - reach an audience of more than 300 million, deliver more than 2 billion video views, and drive millions of shares, likes, and social engagements every month. Our innovative events and content services teams deliver world-class storytelling to our audience in new ways.
None of this would be possible without an incredible, passionate team. They come to work every day excited to change the face of digital publishing. Ready to join a growing company where your contributions can have a big impact? Keep reading!
We are hiring a Digital Media Planner in New York.
The Digital Media Planner will join a hard-working team, responsible for translating big ideas into actionable digital media plans for our growing list of clients. The Digital Media Planner will take our clients’ RFPs and objectives and create high-quality, strategic, efficient and winning digital proposals for our advertising clients. The Digital Media Planner will use their in-depth product knowledge to create highly targeted media plans, with the goal of maximizing revenue across desktop, mobile, video, social, PMP, and other emerging media formats. This individual will work cross-functionally with our Sales, Sales Development, Studios and Ad Operations teams.
- Collaborate with Sales, Sales Development and Studios teams to develop proposal strategy, recommend media placements and programs, and ensure client objectives are met
- Create media plans with the goal of maximizing revenue potential, factoring in client budget, target audience, KPIs, additional RFP requirements as well as internal business objectives
- Forecast avails with inventory management system to determine appropriate impression volumes and strategic product mix for each proposal, consulting with Ad Operations teams, as necessary
- Communicate advertising specifications and relevant ad-related requirements within the media plan, consulting with Ad Operations teams, as necessary
- Utilize data management platform to identify and create custom audience segments from a mix of 1st and 3rd party data sources
- Build IOs in order management system, adhering to defined business processes
- Deep knowledge and understanding of all product offerings, ad-serving and audience targeting capabilities
- Effective time management and adherence to deadlines, both internal and external
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of media experience (agency or publisher side a plus)
- Strong time management capabilities, attention to detail, exceptional organization skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; is a self-starter, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word & Google Sheets/Docs
- Solid technical skills and experience with ad-serving technologies and analytics tools
If this is the right gig for you, upload your resume and tell us why you're a good fit for the role. Thanks in advance.