Digital Media Paralegal
Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the legal department with general administrative duties, legal research and special projects.
- Assist in creation, distribution, review and storage of legal documents including NDAs, license agreements, freelancer agreements and other agreements.
- Maintain and organize contracts and legal documents actively monitoring key contract dates/expirations through Insider Inc.’s contract management system
- Assist in negotiating copyright infringement claims, ensuring compliance with settlement agreements and sending cease and desist notices.
- Maintain and organize Insider, Inc.’s intellectual property portfolio.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least five (5) years of service and experience as a paralegal or legal assistant in the media industry.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Demonstrates professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized, efficient manner.
- Must train in and use Insider Inc.’s office systems, including the contract management system and content management system.
- Experience drafting commercial contracts and organizational documents, and a strong understanding of corporate transactions, entities and practice in a corporate/commercial legal environment.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.