Digital Commerce Analyst
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc. is hiring a Commerce Analyst to support the Insider Picks team’s growing initiatives.
This role is situated on the business side of the company and involves collaboration with various internal teams to execute on growth opportunities. The Analyst will assist with audience and revenue tracking and analysis, knowledge-sharing, and special projects as assigned.
This person should possess a highly detail-oriented and analytic mindset as well as a passion for digital media and online content.
- Immediately develop a comprehensive knowledge of the various performance indicators for the existing commerce business
- Lead analytical projects to drive growth and better understand Insider Inc’s commerce business and audience
- Identify, create test plans, and measure results for optimization of the current business and new potential growth opportunities
- Coordinate with teams across the company (editorial, product/tech, analytics, legal) to help drive partnership and key stakeholder initiatives
- Develop and maintain an analytics dashboard and ongoing internal reporting schedule
- Research future opportunities and be comfortable presenting recommendations to the team and senior management for feedback
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast start-up environment, possess excellent communication skills, and be excited about developing Insider Inc’s various revenue partnerships. We have partnerships with large and small companies alike, so flexibility in understanding the specifics of many different commerce business models will be essential.
- Undergraduate degree, with 2-4 years in a data focused role
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with digital analytics and publishing tools a plus, e.g. Google Analytics, Google Apps Suite, content management platforms and more
- Hands-on knowledge of social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Ability to stay up-to-date on industry developments domestically and internationally.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs
- Design/HTML skills a plus
Please note that position is located in our Manhattan office. Please apply online and tell us why you're a good fit for the role.
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.