Data Research Manager
Business Insider Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider Intelligence is seeking a Data Research Manager to run our new proprietary panel at Business Insider Intelligence. If you have a background in market research, a knack for thinking outside of the box, and get excited by the idea of building something new, this is a great role for you.
BI Intelligence is a rapidly-expanding, cutting-edge research service from Business Insider. BI Intelligence offers insights and tools essential to companies making strategic decisions across the mobile, digital media, e-commerce, Internet of Things, payments, and digital financial services industries. Our clients are Fortune 1000 companies, startups, advertising agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates who have come to rely on our timely, forward-looking insight to keep atop of trends shaping the digital and mobile landscape.
What’s the job?
The Data Research Manager will manage our primary research and work closely with BI Intelligence’s team to craft and deploy surveys on cutting edge topics from the Internet of Things to mobile commerce to digital and social media habits. He or she will be responsible for the coordination, management, and deployment of surveys, as well as for survey output.
While traditional market research skills are desirable, the ideal candidate will want to explore new ways of doing things, minimizing turnaround time.
Other responsibilities include:
- Creating and coordinating the research schedule and agenda
- Ensuring questionnaires are short, smart, and engaging— and questions are written to get the best and cleanest data
- Managing our proprietary panel: deploying insightful surveys, maximizing response rates, monitoring panel health, and finding ways to better engage panel members
- Minimizing turnaround time from survey creation to usable output
- Cleaning data, conducting exploratory data analysis, and producing output for publication
- Proficiency in SPSS, writing syntax and/or programming
- Proficiency in Qualtrics or other survey hosting software
- Excellence with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly sort through masses of information and identify data-driven trends
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders
- Desire to work in fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- 4-6 years of experience in a data-analysis-driven field (i.e. Market Research, Lab environment, scientific research, etc.), including experience crafting research-driven questions
If this is the right opportunity for you, please apply online and tell us why you’re a good fit for the role.