Commerce Editor, Insider Picks
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider is looking for a talented editor to join Insider Picks, our growing affiliate commerce team.
The Insider Pick team is tasked with sifting through the millions of products people can buy online and highlighting the few that add real value to our readers’ lives.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products and deals on the web every day. This editor will work closely with the team’s reporters and interns to help their ideas and articles succeed, as well as write their own articles. They’ll also work closely with the team’s deputy editor in editorial calendar brainstorming and planning, especially around big shopping holidays, like Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day.
The ideal candidate for the role has excellent writing and editing skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused and detailed, and has a passion for product journalism and how people shop online. They are authoritative and discerning when reviewing products and can describe the pros and cons of any item with conviction, while keeping Business Insider's distinctive writing style and audience top of mind.
- Write and edit Insider Picks content, including, but not limited to: product reviews, product slideshows and gift guides, email newsletters, and social media copy.
- Maintain Business Insider’s writing style in all copy.
- Evaluate pitches and work with the Insider Picks reporters and interns to help their ideas and articles succeed.
- Work with the Insider Picks deputy editor as a creative contributor in editorial calendar brainstorming and planning, especially around shopping holidays, like Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day.
If you bring both writing and editing experience to the table and are passionate about products, this is a great job for you. Additional requirements:
- Excellent writing skills and at least one year of full-time editing experience within digital media.
- A strong interest in product journalism and how people shop online.
- A strong understanding of Business Insider’s audience and writing style.
- A meticulous eye for editing grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments in a well-organized manner.
- Basic HTML and Photoshop experience as well as knowledge of social media are also useful. (More than basic is a plus.)
Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply online and include your resume, links to your social profiles, and tell us about two products you think would be great for Business Insider’s readers.