Commerce Business Development and Partnerships Manager
Business Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital.
The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
We’re looking for a seasoned Business Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our already successful affiliate business, Insider Picks, and take it to the next level. We're seeking a Commerce expert to grow the reach, revenue, and profit of our commerce business. You will help us build the most loved and useful destination for recommendations on the web.
You’re a great fit for this role if you are a self-motivated shopping enthusiast with a keen business sense ready to manage partnerships and partners that drive our ability to make great recommendations to our audience. You have a keen understanding of the technical aspects of linking, tracking and affiliate relationships. You'll be responsible for driving revenue, conversion, and profitability reporting and analysis, and will guide the strategic decision making that will grow the commerce business.
In this role you'll:
- Grow the ecommerce revenue and readership by building new partnerships and optimizing existing ones
- Work with tech and product teams to test and launch new features and ensure that Business Insider remains a market leader
- Collaborate with the Insider Picks editorial team on any relevant projects or partnerships
- Research and scope any new potential expansion areas or categories by building business cases and financial models to assess opportunities
- Network and engage with others in the affiliate marketing space in order to stay on top of market developments
- Continue the track record of strong year over year growth in all KPIs, monitor, analyze and report on overall performance
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years in digital media, e-commerce and/or merchandising
- A successful track record building a profitable affiliate publisher program
- Expertise in web technologies and the digital media revenue ecosystem
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Google Drive/Analytics
If this position sounds good to you, send us you resume and a note about why this role is perfect for you. Thanks in advance.