Business Insider Your Money Editor
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Do you love talking — and writing — about money?
Business Insider is hiring a full-time personal finance editor for its Your Money vertical, one of the fastest-growing sections of the world's No. 1 digital business publication.
We're looking for someone who:
- is fascinated by strategies to build wealth
- has opinions on the best approaches to earning, saving, and investing
- is endlessly curious about how people actually make and spend their dollars
- loves doing the math to make a point
- isn't intimidated by a dry document or a block of fine print
- is driven by the idea of helping thousands of people at a time better manage their money
This editor should be well-versed in personal finance and financial products, including 401(k)s, HSAs, 529s, credit cards, and mutual funds, and should be able to distill that knowledge effectively to help our readers make the most of their money.
They should also be able to write great headlines, put together catchy features, and expect to write daily.
This editor will work closely with our Strategy, Careers, and executive life teams, and will manage at least one reporter and full-time interns.
The ideal candidate is bursting with ideas for how to make the vertical a vibrant must-read.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience working with money, and/or a financial certification
- Comfort writing and editing stories on consumer-facing investment and financial products
- The ability to translate expert, nuanced financial advice into clear, straightforward articles
- Interest in digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least two years of experience writing and/or editing at a magazine or online publication
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
APPLY with your resume and cover letter telling us why you're the person for the job.
Please note that this full time position requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.