Business Insider Microsoft/Amazon reporter (NY/SF/Seattle)
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time
Business Insider's tech team is looking for a full-time reporter to help cover Microsoft and Amazon. These are the two largest cloud computing companies on the planet, helping change the way software gets distributed and built.
The ideal candidate will be ready to dig in to the ins and outs of these massive companies — everything from the drama in the executive ranks, down to their product strategies. It's the chance to make your mark covering two of the most valuable businesses on the planet.
We're looking for someone with:
- A proven ability to write about business computing — and the companies and people behind it — in plain English without being dull
- A desire to dig deep into Microsoft and Amazon, tracking everything that's going in these two companies, and explaining what it all means to our readers
- Basic technical chops — you don't need experience running an IT shop, but you must understand and not be intimidated by specs and acronyms
- Proven ability to break news about the inner workings of these companies, from personnel moves to secret new products
Experience covering a business beat, developing sources inside the company as well as in the supply chain, and among customers, partners, and investors.
- A strong sense of skepticism and immunity to hype
- An open mind and flexible approach to writing and reporting
- A desire to write for a fast-moving online-only publication — we are not a print magazine and don't work like one
This is a full time position that can be based in San Francisco, New York or Seattle. Business Insider offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
If you’re interested, please apply with your resume and cover letter describing why you’re the best fit.